Thursday, June 16, 2011

Our Trip to PhiPhi Island Village

I know God is unchanging, but I am also convinced that He was extra creative when He created the beautiful PhiPhi Islands!  As an extra special treat, Zoffie took us to the PhiPhi Island village for 3 nights, and what an extra, extra special treat it was!


The Ferry rides on the Sea Angel there and back were top just by themselves, well at least for Donna and I they were, the only 2 who didn't sleep!


On Board the Sea Angel

The place was just stunning, you get there, take a deep breath and relax as even time takes a rest as everything is laid back and slow.  Natural beauty surrounds you and you just marvel at God's creation and awesome kindness at each new thing you see. 
I struggled to switch my camera off...
Some of my favourite pics

The best seat in the house

We had such good times there, the girls especially.  The rooms/little huts were just brilliant, "luxury without being luxurious", so cosy and comfortable, with the best view of the sea out the big sliding doors and balcony. 
The people on the Island were so, well... typically Thai.  So friendly, kind and helpful, they really make the stay so special. 


The best time was the morning we went snorkelling.  We met a great Thai guy, Mr Chet at his restaurant on the first evening.  He survived the actual tsunami wave by hanging onto a coconut palm tree and was able to hold his breath through it because he was a diver.  In his words "I've been given a second life".  I pray that he genuinely has.
The time was such a blessed one because of the fun we had with the girls.  I think for the first time we enjoyed something like this all together.  To enjoy the sea in all it's beauty, snorkelling with Donna next to us and Hannah catching a ride on our backs and taking small turns at snorkelling too, it was filled with moments I will never forget.
Praise God for His blessings, they are awesome.

Snorkelling in PhiPhi with Mr Chet

2 comments:

"The Theaart's" said...

Wow, that's awesome Bron, I love your pics, they are beautiful!!!

michelle dercksen said...

Looks like you're having an AMAZING time....pictures are great!!