Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Grants


We had such a great time with the Grant family. After their very fancy family wedding in the UK, they came to stay with us for 4 days. The Grant kids arrived with fever, and my sweet Donna was simply miserable, I think from the 4 eye teeth she's been struggling with! We didn't do any of the things we set out to do: ie Wild Wadi, Mall of the Emirates, Ski Dubai, etc, but each day was an adventure and unfolded into wonderful times! I think they at least got their fill of shopping though, well Angus did, I think Sharon and Emily could have handled a bit more! But then Angus did manage to go on a Desert Safari with Ryan and Sean that I'm sure made up for it!
Poor Emily was smothered by Donna, Donna so loved having a "real" friend around for a while. I don't think she could believe it when she woke up in the mornings and Em was still there! Don would literally latch herself to Em, not letting go...shame man, I feel so bad for her!! It's amazing how true fellowships just are tight and special, no matter what age or distance. We are blessed to have friends in Christ!
For the Grants: The time of fellowship and catching up is what I valued most and miss most now-it was such a pleasure to have you guys over-but now you've just made me sad and long Pretoria all the more. But it is worth it-THANK YOU FOR COMING!

No comments: