Saturday, July 5, 2008

Ouma's Visit


After our visit in SA, we had the privilege of Granny (aka "Ouma") coming to stay with us for 10 days. It was such a good visit. We actually did very little, partly due to the weather, partly due to our health (I brought some gogo back with me from SA!), but mostly because we just relaxed and just visited. For the first few days Granny run my home for me, washing and ironing-I felt terrible that she was working so hard, but it was such a help, and I was very grateful that it was being done!!
We did go shopping a little bit, but it is dangerous to shop with a South African Rand mindset, in a UAE Dirham currency setting, using United States Dollars!!
The other times we managed to get out, we went eating, as you do! Everything from good old Mugg 'n Bean, (here in Dubai!), to a beautiful quaint tea shop, to the Noodle House at Madinat. They and the others were all great!! And of course, we went to Naomi's 4th Birthday party, with a whole bunch of 2 to 4 year old girls. Donna was voted the prettiest girl there by her biggest fan-Ouma!
We had a great time with you here Granny. I really hope we could get your mind off things a bit, and share our lives with you. We are really happy that you got to laugh so much!
Please come again!!

No comments: