Friday, July 4, 2008

Donna's second birthday


Our baby has now really seized to be one-she is now a beautiful "grown-up" little girl.
The Lord has blessed her so much with great health, a huge vocab, physical and mental growth, and the beginnings of the most precious understanding of our great Lord. She often asks us to pray for people, just in the midst of the day. She knows that "God made everything", the other day she asked me where one of her CDs came from and I said it was gift that a friend had made, to which she quickly added "AND God made it...". And she loves the bible, she asks to read it more than other books-and then she reads it to us, "Let me tell you..." and proceeds to tell us all sorts of things about what Jesus has done and where He has been-it's awesome to listen to!
But the Lord has blessed Ryan and I so much more! Donna is a joy beyond what I thought possible, and an occasional "perfecter of our faith" and we learn vital lessons from being a sweet sinner's parent!
A mere 2 years ago, I had only just seen her for the first time, but over this short time she has turned my life around, to a point where I hurt when I think of life without her. I am so thankful for these past 2 years that we have had the pleasure of sharing with Donna Lucia Penny!!
Happy Birthday Big Girl!!

2 comments:

Marietjie van Straaten said...

Thank you so much for the update!!! It was so fun reading it. Wish you guys can visit us.....

Nina Vermeulen said...

Wow Bron, this is such a great update on your life. You take wonderful pictures and I'm so grateful to God that your new little one is healthy and well.